For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Praise God that our good friend (and big help to our work), Nuckiline, recently lead an Antakarana woman to the Lord in Ambilobe (the town on the mainland where our team goes to purchase supplies)! Both Nuckiline and the new Christian lady want to come to Nosy Mitsio for a month in December to help minister and share the gospel! This will be an amazing witness and testimony to the people on Nosy Mitsio, who believe that being set free from the spirits that possess them is impossible and that to ignore them would bring death. Pray for there to be an open house and open hearts to receive them on Nosy Mitsio in December. Pray for Nuckiline and her friend as they grow in Christ and prepare to witness to their fellow Antakarana. Pray that other Malagasy believers would follow the calling to missions among the unreached in Madagascar.
2) Praise God that we’re now at 100% of our monthly support and expected needs! We recently wrote and asked for help, many of you responded, and now all of our monthly support is pledged and all of our expected upcoming needs are met. God is a good God and he always provides for all of our needs! We also want to thank all of you who responded with support, whether through encouragement, prayer, or giving. Thank you all for joining this work with us!
3) Please pray for our teammates, the Orners, who returned to Madagascar in late June and have recently returned to Nosy Mitsio. They’re busy making repairs on their home, our team boat, and re-establishing the relationships that we’ve all built up over the last few years. Please pray for their health and safety as they’re on Nosy Mitsio alone for a few months before we return to join them, and pray especially for the ministry – that they’d be led clearly by the Holy Spirit in how to rejoin the work he’s been doing to draw the Antakarana to him during our absence.
4) Please pray for our last few weeks in the US. We’ve had a wonderful time so far traveling and visiting with many different churches and home groups, with supporters, with long-time friends, and especially with our family. It’s been a very refreshing and encouraging time so far. We’ve just got a few weeks left in the US before we head back to Madagascar in September, and pray that our last month in the US would be an opportunity to focus on time with family, to enjoy the time we have together now before we’re away again for several more years.
5) Please pray for Amelia Delorenzo, a young lady who will be joining our team in a support role for 7 months on Nosy Mitsio. She’ll be helping to homeschool Matimu and the Orners’ children to help free up time for all of us to be further engaged in ministry efforts on Nosy Mitsio. She will be with us from October 2017 to May 2018. Please pray that she will receive all the financial support she needs to join us on time and that God prepares her well for her time with us on Nosy Mitsio and that it will be a benefit to us and to her, and especially to the Antakarana people.
6) Please pray for upcoming ministry on Nosy Mitsio and in northern Madagascar. During our final time with our team this past term, we were able to strategize for future ministry efforts in 2017: ways to go more in-depth and more strategic in the ministry on Nosy Mitsio, and to increase our partnership with other Christians in northern Madagascar for a more comprehensive outreach to all the northern peoples. While transitioning out of Nosy Mitsio in December for home assignment in the US, a potentially great opportunity for Christian ministry partnership through Ambilobe (the nearest town on the mainland) has arisen. Praise God that he’s already providing opportunities as we look forward to continuing ministry! Pray also that God would give us wisdom in all of these areas, that we would move forward only as he guides us, that we would say “yes” to the right people/opportunities and “no” to the wrong people/opportunities. Above all, pray that God’s Kingdom would be planted on Nosy Mitsio, in northern Madagascar, and that it would grow to encompass all the unreached people in this part of the world!
Donate to the Mission
If you would like to be a part of the work the Willards are doing in Madagascar,
you can give a tax-deductible gift today.