For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Please be praying for Madagascar to be protected from the plague! The plague has broken out in Madagascar again this year (that’s the same plague as the “black death”), but it seems to be spreading more quickly and in wider areas this year and killing more. Pray that Malagasy people will be protected, that resources will be available to limit its spread, and that we’ll have wisdom to know what to do ourselves both to prevent ourselves from getting it and to respond quickly and wisely if we come into contact with it. We’ll be getting to Madagascar Tuesday afternoon, arriving in the area that’s been worst affected by the plague so far (Tana, the capital).
2) Please pray for us as we travel out to Nosy Mitsio soon. We’ve had a wonderful time traveling and visiting with many different churches and home groups, with supporters, with long-time friends, and especially with our family in the US. We’ve also had a great time visiting close friends in Madagascar and meeting with our regional leaders in YWAM Frontier Missions. We head to Madagascar on Tuesday, spend a couple days working on our visas, then we head north, get more supplies, and finally back out to Nosy Mitsio! Pray that travel will be smooth, we’ll all be healthy, and that we’ll be able to jump right back into the life and work on Nosy Mitsio.
3) Praise God that our good friend (and big help to our work), Nuckiline, recently lead an Antakarana woman to the Lord in Ambilobe (the town on the mainland where our team goes to purchase supplies)! Both Nuckiline and the new Christian lady want to come to Nosy Mitsio for a month in December to help minister and share the gospel! This will be an amazing witness and testimony to the people on Nosy Mitsio, who believe that being set free from the spirits that possess them is impossible and that to ignore them would bring death. Pray for there to be an open house and open hearts to receive them on Nosy Mitsio in December. Pray for Nuckiline and her friend as they grow in Christ and prepare to witness to their fellow Antakarana. Pray that other Malagasy believers would follow the calling to missions among the unreached in Madagascar.
4) Please pray for Amelia Delorenzo, a young lady who has joined our team in a support role for 7 months on Nosy Mitsio. She’ll be helping to homeschool Matimu and the Orners’ children to help free up time for all of us to be further engaged in ministry efforts on Nosy Mitsio. She will be with us from October 2017 to May 2018. Please pray that God prepares her well for her time with us on Nosy Mitsio and that it will be a benefit to us and to her, and especially to the Antakarana people. Pray also that she would have peace and be freed from anxiety as she does something she’s never done before.
5) Please pray for upcoming ministry on Nosy Mitsio and in northern Madagascar. During our final time with our team this past term, we were able to strategize for future ministry efforts in 2017: ways to go more in-depth and more strategic in the ministry on Nosy Mitsio, and to increase our partnership with other Christians in northern Madagascar for a more comprehensive outreach to all the northern peoples. While transitioning out of Nosy Mitsio in December for home assignment in the US, a potentially great opportunity for Christian ministry partnership through Ambilobe (the nearest town on the mainland) has arisen. Praise God that he’s already providing opportunities as we look forward to continuing ministry! Pray also that God would give us wisdom in all of these areas, that we would move forward only as he guides us, that we would say “yes” to the right people/opportunities and “no” to the wrong people/opportunities. Above all, pray that God’s Kingdom would be planted on Nosy Mitsio, in northern Madagascar, and that it would grow to encompass all the unreached people in this part of the world!