For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Praise God that we’re finally seeing some Antakarana people enthusiastic about being discipled as followers of Jesus! After many years of ministry to the Antakarana here, these are the first results we’ve seen: several people in the local prison and one older Antakarana man from a distant village who’s been in town for medical reasons for the last few months. Pray that God would give them strength and give all of us wisdom, that they would be discipled into maturity and fruitfulness, and that they would empowered and motivated to go and make other disciples. Please pray that many more Antakarana would come to know Jesus during this time and that thriving Antakarana churches would be planted and multiplied!
2) Please pray for Madagascar during the time of the coronavirus, as very much of the population here would be classified as “vulnerable” to the threat of COVID-19. Praise God that so far Madagascar has mostly been spared the serious troubles that other countries have had to endure. We believe that God has given the President of Madagascar a wise and prudent mind in dealing with the threat of COVID-19 in Madagascar for the most part, and we thank God that most of the efforts made by the Malagasy government have been extremely successful in limiting the spread of the disease to the most vulnerable populations here. With less than 200 cases and no reported deaths over the last two months, due to the many travel and gathering restrictions and extensive contact tracing and quarantining, it’s clear that Madagascar is currently doing well in the fight against COVID-19. Please pray that Madagascar (both the governing authorities and the general population) will not become fatigued in the positive efforts they’ve made so far in limiting the spread of coronavirus here, and that they would give God the praise for sparing them the severe crises that so much of the rest of the world is facing.
3) Please pray for our ministry partners (and potential ministry partners) here in Ambilobe and the surrounding area. We’ve had a number of people with whom we’ve worked together for outreach or discipleship here in town over the last couple of months. It’s been exciting to partner with all of them, but for some of them we have some significant differences in ministry goals or methods and long-term vision. Praise God that at least one of our ministry partners seems to have the exact same vision, heart, and ideas as us in our hopes to disciple Antakarana people into multiplying indigenous simple churches. Please pray for our “vision-casting” meeting happening soon (once restrictions on gathering, due to COVID-19, are lifted), that the Holy Spirit would draw those he’s called to partner with us in these specific efforts of seeing a disciple-making movement among the Antakarana. Please pray that God would continue to bring us and other fellow workers together in one Spirit, of one mind, and with one goal for seeing his Kingdom grow and multiply among the Antakarana people in this area and beyond. Pray that God would give us discernment in which people to focus on as long-term ministry partners, and wisdom for how to help them grow in the specifics of the work God has asked each of them (and us) to do here.
4) Pray for us as we begin outreach to the rural villages around Ambilobe soon (as soon as restrictions on public gathering, due to COVID-19, are lifted). Together with one of our ministry partners, we’ve been praying for the last week about where God would have us begin, and we believe that together we’ve heard in prayer where God would have us start (a nearby village named Antanamazava). We plan to visit this village together for the first time next Tuesday (March 10th) to meet people and have a bit of a prayer walk. Please pray for us to have good health and safe travel to and from, and to know the best way to enter the village and begin to share the Gospel with them. Pray that God would give us a “person of peace” in this village, that we would see many faithful disciples result from our efforts there with the Gospel becoming well-rooted, and that from there the Gospel would spread far and wide to many more Antakarana villages.
5) Please pray with us for a breakthrough among the Antakarana people! We’re asking many people to intercede for them with this one prayer request. Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal himself in power, signs, and wonders, that Antakarana people would receive dreams and visions of Jesus, and that the way would be prepared to reap a harvest among them, for churches to be planted and multiply, and for a disciple-making movement that would reach all of northern Madagascar!
6) Please pray for Diana and her husband Jean, an Ecuadorian couple who are interested in joining our team in northern Madagascar soon. They were recently married and so will spend at least one year to grow in their marriage and to prepare to serve as long-term missionaries in Madagascar. Pray that God will strengthen their relationship with each other during this time and that he will continue to prepare them in any way necessary (including finances, training, and anything else) for serving him in Madagascar. Pray that we would have discernment and wisdom in coaching them through this time period and helping them make decisions to prepare for future ministry here.