For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Please pray urgently for Ambilobe during a time of social unrest right now. There was recently a pregnant woman murdered in a nearby village and the accused killer was initially imprisoned in Ambilobe. The woman’s family gathered up a mob to try to enact “community justice” by getting the accused killer from the police and killing him themselves. Today (Feb 17), there have been blockades formed in the main roads of Ambilobe where the mobs have stood off against the police and armed forces and many shots have been fired. The mob has also been reported to have looted some shops and have set several police vehicles on fire. People are saying that at least several people were shot, though we haven’t heard any reports of fatalities yet. Please pray for peace! Please pray that no further damages to people or to property will happen. Pray that justice will be known and order will be restored.
2) Praise God that we’re finally seeing some Antakarana people enthusiastic about being discipled as followers of Jesus! After many years of ministry to the Antakarana here, these are the first results we’ve seen. Pray that God would give them strength and give all of us wisdom, that they would be discipled into maturity and fruitfulness, and that they would empowered and motivated to go and make other disciples. Please pray that many more Antakarana would come to know Jesus during this time and that thriving Antakarana churches would be planted and multiplied!
3) Please pray for our ministry partners (and potential ministry partners) here in Ambilobe and the surrounding area. We’ve had a number of people with whom we’ve worked together for outreach or discipleship here in town over the last couple of months. It’s been exciting to partner with all of them, but for some of them we have some significant differences in ministry goals or methods and long-term vision. Praise God that at least one of our ministry partners seems to have the exact same vision, heart, and ideas as us in our hopes to disciple Antakarana people into multiplying indigenous simple churches. Please pray that God would continue to bring us and other fellow workers together in one Spirit, of one mind, and with one goal for seeing his Kingdom grow and multiply among the Antakarana people in this area and beyond. Pray that God would give us discernment in which people to focus on as long-term ministry partners, and wisdom for how to help them grow in the specifics of the work God has asked each of them (and us) to do here.
4) Please pray with us for a breakthrough among the Antakarana people! We’re asking many people to intercede for them with this one prayer request. Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal himself in power, signs, and wonders, that Antakarana people would receive dreams and visions of Jesus, and that the way would be prepared to reap a harvest among them, for churches to be planted and multiply, and for a disciple-making movement that would reach all of northern Madagascar!
5) Please pray for Diana and her husband Jean, an Ecuadorian couple who are interested in joining our team in northern Madagascar soon. They were very recently married and so will spend at least one year to grow in their marriage and to prepare to serve as long-term missionaries in Madagascar. Pray that God will strengthen their relationship with each other during this time and that he will continue to prepare them in any way necessary (including finances, training, and anything else) for serving him in Madagascar. Pray that we would have discernment and wisdom in coaching them through this time period and helping them make decisions to prepare for future ministry here.