For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Our time in Madagascar has come to an end, and we are in the process of returning to the US. Please continue to pray for us during this time, for clear guidance, provision, and fruitfulness wherever we go next. Pray that the things God has communicated to us during this time, the solid foundation of our relationship with him, will not be drowned out in the clamor of decision-making and distractions, or jet lag and cultural adjustments, but that a vision of his growing Kingdom, wherever we are, will always be at the forefront of our thoughts and minds and our motivations.
2) Please pray for Nuckiline, our primary ministry partner in Ambilobe. Pray for strength, endurance, wisdom, humility, and ever-growing love as she takes the lead role in God’s movement among the Antakarana. Please pray that God would send her more co-workers, whether from afar, or even from the first harvest in Antanamazava, that together through them the image of God would dwell even more fully and visibly within the Antakarana people, drawing many to his transformative grace and love.
3) Praise God for his faithful disciples in Antanamazava (a village nearby to Ambilobe)! After meeting for a number of months, some of them have already begun to lead others in their area with Bible storying discipleship groups. Pray that God would give them growing maturity, wisdom, and love, and that God would call and empower new leaders from among them, to multiply many more disciples in their area and beyond.
4) Praise God that covid-19 is nearly gone from Madagascar! There was one outbreak that regularly moved from one part of the country to another (becoming the strongest and longest-lasting in the capital city), but it never reached the level that it has in many other countries. Now new cases are a small handful per week and most have already recovered. Thank God for his protection of the vulnerable people of Madagascar during this time of global pandemic!
5) Please pray with us for a breakthrough among the Antakarana people! We’re asking many people to intercede for them with this one prayer request. Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal himself in power, signs, and wonders, that Antakarana people would receive dreams and visions of Jesus, and that the way would be prepared to reap a harvest among them, for churches to be planted and multiply, and for a disciple-making movement that would reach all of northern Madagascar!