For those of you who are keeping us in your prayers, this page has several specific things you can pray for us about. We update it regularly, so any time you want to know what you can pray for us about, you can always check here! And for prayer about the nation of Madagascar, we have a “Madagascar News” page that you can always check for up-to-date news, so you’ll know how to pray for the nation.
1) Praise God for safe and smooth travel to Madagascar! We arrived at the end of October without any hiccups and with all of our luggage. We’re all mostly over jetlag already as well.
2) Please pray for our visas and residency cards to be processed quickly and for us to receive many years on them. We’re currently in the capital of Madagascar (Tana) to complete our residency process and to await the arrival of our visas and residency cards. The overall process appears to have improved significantly over the years we’ve been here and we’ve learned of a difference in application method that should permit us to receive up to 5 years on our current visas. This would be a huge help for us in terms of both time and money going forward. Please pray that we would have favor as the officials review our applications and approve them. Pray that it would be finished within just a couple of weeks, so that we can soon return north to Ambilobe to continue ministry there.
3) Please pray for a breakthrough among the Antakarana people! We’re asking many people to intercede for them with this one prayer request. Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal himself in power, signs, and wonders, that Antakarana people would receive dreams and visions of Jesus, and that the way would be prepared to reap a harvest among them, for churches to be planted and multiply, and for a disciple-making movement that would reach all of northern Madagascar!
4) Pray that God would give us wisdom and discernment as we seek him in prayer about relaunching ministry to the Antakarana people, starting from the town of Ambilobe. Once we return to the north, we plan to begin with a dedicated month of prayer where we offer all that we have to God and seek his guidance on how he intends to reach the Antakarana people. Pray that we would have ears to hear, and a willingness to obey in anything God asks. Pray that we would know the ministry strategies that God has chosen for this time, that we would know where to invest our efforts and which things to avoid. Above all, pray that Jesus would be glorified and made known in everything we do.
5) Please pray for Diana, an Ecuadorian lady who is interested in joining our team in northern Madagascar soon. Pray that God will prepare her in any way necessary (including finances, and relationships) for serving him in Madagascar. Pray that we would have discernment and wisdom about the possibility of her joining our team.
6) Please pray for Narindra as she prepares to attend one of YWAM’s School of Frontier Missions. Narindra has felt called by God to prepare for international missions work to unreached peoples, and she feels God directing her to more training and education in that regard. The School of Frontier Missions is only currently available outside of Madagascar and that could present a big financial and logistical challenge for Narindra. Pray that Narindra would have all her financial needs met to follow God in the way he’s called her, and that she would have wisdom in choosing when and where to go to do this, and how to make her preparations.